“I Don’t Know Squat” is a future article about a ‘journey’ of self discover on a quest to become healthier, stronger, faster, and more agile in skiing. Squats for mobility, strength, agility and ski improvement is one element of ski improvement will discuss in this article.
In writing this article about getting more fit, one thing I’m trying to become better at is the SQUAT. Because I’m not a physical therapist or fitness instructor and “I Don’t Know SQUAT”, the article is from the point of view of someone just wanting to become a much better skier. Talent is one thing, but there is SO much more to expert skiing and taking my fitness to the next level is going to be a Game Changer.
Understanding more about biomechanics and how to apply the proper SQUAT is a big part of the journey. I’ve always been trying to become better aligned throughout my turns. Tight in the hips and working on a variety of Squat-type drills will be what this article evolves into. An article to reveal how I overcame some limiting levels of fitness.
I’ve disco One of several great resources I have found is “The Ready State” by Dr Kelly Starrett . Through his videos and explanations, it has become apparent of some of the areas for improvement.
I’m referencing some great material from “The Ready State“…
About The Ready State: The Ready State is the new home of MobilityWOD. The Ready State provides athletes, coaches, and humans of all walks of life the tools to Relieve pain, prevent injury, and improve physical performance. Subscribe to the Virtual Mobility Coach for customized mobility coaching, tailored to your body and lifestyle. Start a 14-day FREE TRIAL today at https://bit.ly/TRSFree_Trial
You may also like:
- Always thinking about Skiing?
- Ski Terminology and Lingo
- Top 10 Reasons to Start Skiing
- Planning your next Family Ski Vacation | Top 8 Tips
- Interview with a Ski Instructor
- How to REALLY become a better skier
- Ski Technique Exposed
- How to Ski – A Beginner’s Intro
- How to Ski – Eliminate The Wedge
- A Coach’s Path to Precision. The “Sidecut” Story
- How to become the best Ski Version of Yourself
- 10 Life Lessons That I Learned on the Ski Slopes
- 7 Ski Vacation Mistakes That Are Simple to Solve
- What to Look For in a Ski Lesson