Photo Friday is a quick blog capturing skiers on the slopes. It’s a journal of present and past photographs captured from resorts across North America.
Here’s a photograph we took during a race event at a local ski resort. The racer was competing in a Giant Slalom race early March. Exciting skiing and fun to watch and capture in camera.
Type of Turns
This skier is racing in a Giant Slalom course. The speed and slope were expert level.
Time of Year
This photo was taken in March 5th, 2020 at 12:20pm at Craigleith Ski Club (Ontario, Canada)
The photo was captured during mid day on Big-John slope (Black diamond run)
Conditions were groomed firm.
- Camera: Canon 5D Mark II
- Canon Zoom Lens: 70-200mm
- Focal Length: 200mm
- ISO: 125
- Aperture: f/3.5
- Shutter: 1/1600 sec
Trying to find the spot when the skier has an outside long leg usually means an exciting photo. The snow is flying and the skier is dynamic.Andrew Elsdon
- Resource Links
You may also like:
- Always thinking about Skiing?
- Ski Terminology and Lingo
- Top 10 Reasons to Start Skiing
- Planning your next Family Ski Vacation | Top 8 Tips
- Interview with a Ski Instructor
- How to REALLY become a better skier
- Ski Technique Exposed
- How to Ski – A Beginner’s Intro
- 8 Ways to Move from Wedge Skiing to Parallel – Easy Guide