Photo Friday is a quick blog capturing skiers on the slopes. It’s a journal of present and past photographs captured from resorts across North America. In this short article, “Going For It” is truly a feeling of letting go and seeing what happens.
Recently met a fellow skier online while chatting on Instagram. “Alexandra Messinis” skiing near Chatter Creek Mountain Lodges in BC, Canada. I just love seeing skiers “Going For It”. We sometimes get caught up in technique and skiing to “look” a certain way.
It’s more fun to have good skiing fundamentals and being able to adapt to any terrain or situation. Letting it Rip and going for it is evident by the last photo and the huge smile on the face of Alexandra… AWESOME !
Type of Turns
POW. It would be an injustice to try to categorize these turn types. “Just going for it” I believe is the type?
Time of Year
This photo was taken in >>>> March 2018? near Chatter Creek Mountain Lodges in BC, Canada.
- Hamish Birt was the Photographer
All I know is that the photographer was positioned well to capture Alexandra coming over the ridge. “Well done”!Andrew Elsdon
- Resource Links
You may also like:
- Always thinking about Skiing?
- Ski Terminology and Lingo
- Top 10 Reasons to Start Skiing
- Planning your next Family Ski Vacation | Top 8 Tips
- Interview with a Ski Instructor
- How to REALLY become a better skier
- Ski Technique Exposed
- How to Ski – A Beginner’s Intro
- 8 Ways to Move from Wedge Skiing to Parallel – Easy Guide