The SIDECUT Basic Sharpening Kit was designed for those of you who just want to have the essentially tools to be able to sharpen both their base and side-edges and remove sidewalls. A great kit for recreational skiers and snowboarders, instructors or races who ski often and want to be able to sharpen their own edges when needed to optimize performance. Enables you to set the bevel on both the base and side-edges of your skis or boards.
Sharpening your own edges saves you valuable time and money when compared to a shop tune. Deciding on your own base and side-edges angles helps speed up your skill development & increases your on-snow enjoyment.
- WC File Guide with Trigger Clamp – choose between 91º,92º,93º,94º or 95º degrees. Used for sharpening your side-edges.
- WC File – choose between Cut 10, 14, 15, or 16. For use on side-edges with your File Guide. Short files work better for side-edge sharpening because they give an accurate bevel.
- Base- Edge Guide – choose between 0.5º, 0.7º or 1.0º degree increments. Used to polish the base-edge of your ski or board.
- Base-Edge File – 150mm in length. Cut 15 = Finer cut.
- Micro-adjustable Sidewall Adapter Kit – choose between round standard, round sharp, square or multi carbide cutters. Used for removing sidewall so you can properly tune your side-edges. Easily mounts on the 2 holes on your SIDECUT File Guide converting it into a Sidewall Remover. Micro-adjustable stainless steel pin so you can easily cut exactly where you want. Comes with allen keys.
- Watch our 4 step learn how-to-tune videos for both children’s and adult skis: Instructional Tuning Videos
Used by: Ski racers, All-mountain skiers, Free-riders and Snowboarders.